I made these chocolate donuts for them. Most of my donut recipes can double for breakfasts, but this recipe is extra indulgent and better as a dessert.
These chocolate donuts are almost like a brownie in donut form. I was excited to make these chocolate donuts because I got to break out my heart shaped donut pans.
I bought them right after Valentine’s Day when they were 50% off.
Aren’t these chocolate donuts super cute? My kids loved them! These healthy vegan chocolate donuts are gluten free and vegan.
Looking for more donut recipes?
Double Chocolate Donuts
Yields 10 donuts
A decadent treat!
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free oat flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 flax eggs (I used flax egg replacements)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil, chocolate chips, vanilla and maple syrup and mix until everything is combined. Add it to the bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Lastly, add in the almond milk and the flax eggs and mix everything until it's combined.
- Grease your donut pans .
- Spoon batter into the pans.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Wait until the donuts have completely cooled before removing them from the pans.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. You can also freeze them for longer storage.