Let’s be honest, these Cococut Truffles are not an everyday treat, but when you want to indulge a bit, it makes the perfect little bite of sweetness with none of the bad stuff! These were a big hit in our family and I hope you like them too!
They only take minutes to make too! I must admit, I rolled these a bit big, so they were more than a bite. I suggest rolling yours into a bite friendly size. These should keep in the fridge for quite some time. I used coconut butter in this so when you take a bite, the coconut literally melts in your mouth. If you haven’t tried coconut butter yet, you need too! That stuff is so good! I get Nutiva Organic Coconut Manna. If you like my Coconut Cream Larabars, you will love these!
Serves: 15 truffles
- In a food processor, combine the dates and shredded coconut.
- Then, add in the coconut butter and coconut oil.
- Pulse until a dough starts to form.
- When the dough is formed, roll into bite sized balls and place in the fridge on a lined baking sheet. Parchment paper works great for this so the balls don’t stick.
- Once the balls are firm, heat your chocolate and milk using a double boiler.
- Stir constantly until the chocolate is smooth.
- Take each ball and roll into the chocolate and place back on the parchment lined sheet.
- Put in the fridge for a few hours so the chocolate can set back up.